Re: Subwoofer Update

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Thu Jul 10 1997 - 00:27:29 EDT

Michael Meyerhoff wrote:

> I know several people on the list have thier amps behind the trim... I've
> never owned car amp... do you need to get at it for adjustments, or once
> you set it up can you just leave it alone?

     Do NOT cover the heatsinks(cooling fins) on the exterior of the
amp. Air must be able to circulate to cool it. Performance degradation
and shortened life will result if the amp is too hot. I didn't have much
choice with my regular cab so I had to mount mine between the seats
vertically, attaching it to the cab sheetmetal. Under the seat is fine
provided you have a little space for air to circulate around it. Make
sure you get a good ground(grind or sand to bare metal) near the amp and
use adequate size power cable. Before you bolt it down, make sure you
set the gain for the front/rear (read your amp's instructions) because
once you put the seat back, you probably won't be able to reach them.
Good luck.

Andre Mauboussin
around 270hp and 300+ watts continous pumping out of my Dak ;-)