"SureGrip" Installation cost, Attn: Kane Turner

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 10 1997 - 19:39:31 EDT

Evening Kane,

I am assuming your '97 Dakota 5.2 is a 4X2.

I also have this model and had the "SureGrip" installed in March.
The cost of purchasing the "SureGrip" (Track Lock) case and
installing it was $439.44.

My axle had the 3.92 gears. I am not sure what a set of 8 1/4 Ring
and Pinion goes for. You could check the dealer for a price. Aslo,
check performance shops where you live. The cost of the Ring and Pinion
(3.92) would be additional. The same "SureGrip" case fits all the current
ratios (3.21, 3.55 and 3.92). It is built by Dana. If you need the part
number, check my earlier posts or let me know.

I have been very pleased with the performance (street) of the "SureGrip".
Be very, very careful about applying too much power on a turn...
especially in the wet.

Good luck.

David R.
Sterling Heights