Re: 97 speaker sizes

From: Jack Snodgrass (dakota@cybermail.net)
Date: Thu Jul 10 1997 - 21:59:13 EDT

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997 21:52:17 -0400, Sean Meldrum wrote:

>Hey 97 owners....
>
>I posted once to Shawn that I thought the front speakers were the screwball
>6-3/4" size. Now, after talking to someone at a car audio shop, I'm not sure.
>
>Does anyone know what the speaker sizes, front and rear, are for the '97s?
>I checked the archive with no luck. Figured I'd ask before I tear the
>interior out. TIA.

I KNOW that the rear are 6.5S with the S being screwy. I just installed
a pair of 6.5 inch speakers. You can't use the existing screw holes. I
just used 3, 1 inch sheet rock screws and made my own holes. It worked.
The 'Proper' way is to find a 6.5S bracket that a standard 6.5 speaker
fits in. I called 6 different local stero places and they all said 'huh'?
I finnaly just decided to make my own holes.

Don't know about the front set yet. I'll know more about that next week.

Jack Snodgrass
   '97 Dakota SLT+ CC, 2w, V8, auto, stock