Re: 97 speaker sizes

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Thu Jul 10 1997 - 22:26:08 EDT

At 08:59 PM 7/10/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I KNOW that the rear are 6.5S with the S being screwy. I just installed
>a pair of 6.5 inch speakers. You can't use the existing screw holes. I
>just used 3, 1 inch sheet rock screws and made my own holes. It worked.
>The 'Proper' way is to find a 6.5S bracket that a standard 6.5 speaker
>fits in. I called 6 different local stero places and they all said 'huh'?
>I finnaly just decided to make my own holes.
>
>Don't know about the front set yet. I'll know more about that next week.
>
>Jack Snodgrass
> '97 Dakota SLT+ CC, 2w, V8, auto, stock

        I had the passenger side front out once as it goes in and out
intermittantly. I plan to replace it so for now I've left it alone as my
*real* sound system is that Race Magnum muffler. ;^)

The front speaker fit into a plastic adapter that then screws into the
sheet metal. Someone told me it should be a 5-1/4" in that adapter.
Don't think that's right for the 97 though for some reason. Maybe I'll
just pull the door panel again. Thanks Jack for the info on the rears.
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6a, Blaster coil awaiting installation
****