Re: Oil Filter Location (Thanks Dodge)

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Mon Jul 14 1997 - 11:47:19 EDT

>A big warm thanks to Dodge for designing the oil filter location such
>that I cannot install a larger oil filter. My V6 F*rd Taurus had a

Not only that, but it's at a 45 degree angle, so you can't avoid spilling
at least some oil.

Has anyone on the list used one of the remote oil filter kits? Opinions?
Anyone done it on a 4x4 (not quite as much room under there) ?

Met a drag racer once who had a remote oil filter that was a stainless
steel screen (very, very fine mesh) that he'd mounted on the fender so
he could easily check for metal bits after a hard run (this on a VERY
pretty Barracuda). But I didn't catch the brand name. Any clues?

BTW, K&N is making an alloy-bodied fuel filter with a fine screen. I'm not
sure you'd want to use it in a F.I. system, but for the carburetted readers...

Jim
"You make demands, you're outta hand... You have been high-handed, setting super
standards... We've been inflicted, you better stop fixing, pretty soon you're
gonna have your day, get your way." -- Debbie Harry. `Def, Dumb, & Blonde'