Re: Oil Filter Location (Thanks Dodge)

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Mon Jul 14 1997 - 13:51:24 EDT

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 08:47:19 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>>A big warm thanks to Dodge for designing the oil filter location such
>>that I cannot install a larger oil filter.

        It does suck.

>Not only that, but it's at a 45 degree angle, so you can't avoid spilling
>at least some oil.

Some, heh. I spill a ton! My 4X4 has brackets right below it that just
love to let the oil run down them and all over the place....I cuss
everytime I pull the filter!

>Has anyone on the list used one of the remote oil filter kits? Opinions?
>Anyone done it on a 4x4 (not quite as much room under there) ?

No, but I think about it every time I change the oil. I have looked at
some, but with the rubber hose that comes in the kit I imagine that
you lose some oil pressure. Stainless steel hoses might eliminate that
problem, and the possibility of a hose touching the exhaust
manifolds...

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow