Re: Throttle Body Mods

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun Jul 13 1997 - 22:11:16 EDT

At 06:49 PM 7/13/97 -0400, you wrote:

><< I noticed at one point he mentioned reading about enlarging the throttle
> bores to 80mm. I think the correct statement is enlarging the bores .080"
> additional. This would take the stock twin 48mm bores to twin 50mm.
> Exactly what he did. The article I read stated that any more than this
> might put you completely off the stock fuel map. >>
>that was the other thing....i didn't shave anywhere where the throttle plates
>touch the throttle body.......i know if they don't sit right it screws up
>stuff......so what did the guy do?? put in new throttle plates??
>
>RTuss

No, although that *is* done on some tbi mods. The article I read simply
did the .080" cleanup which is exactly what we've been talking about and/or
doing. Increase 48mm bore to 50mm.
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6a, Blaster coil awaiting installation
****