Re: Exhaust questions (again)

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Mon Jul 14 1997 - 21:02:07 EDT

At 07:13 PM 7/14/97 -0400, you wrote:

><< Anyway enough name dropping, He sayed go with the 3 in 3 out Dynamax
>behind the right
> wheel.Hope that helps Bye for now Bruce >>
>
>Yeh he just told you that so you wouldn't beat him. Personally I think he's
>full of it.
>Two pipes is the only way to go.. I flow tested both setups with my 2 hp
>vacuum cleaner on blower and using 2 carb flow gauges and the 2 pipes ended
>up with more flow. But you do what you want cause I might get along side you
>someday and I'd want every advantage I can get cause I don't want to just
>win but stomp the opponent. haw haw haw
>
>High tech willy

Be careful though. The two 2-1/2"s will definitely flow more than a single
3" but depending on the level of modification you could eliminate too much
backpressure. I never noticed a loss when I chopped off my stock muffler
and popped an 18" pipe and turndown on there but I *definitely* felt an
increase when I put the hipo muffler on in place of the short pipe. Your
performance results are going to be based on how well you "system" works
together. Bills truck has some real performance mods and can utilitze the
free flowing setup he's running. Try to plan what you want from the truck
and work your way to that end.

Just my $0.02.
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6A & Blaster 2 coil w/ chrome cover
****