Re: Clunking: Front right

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Wed Jul 16 1997 - 23:47:32 EDT

If the tsb said that the springs could be installed upside down maybe the
springs are shifting in the spring seats causing the clunk. I don't have
the faintest idea how that could happen, but if the spring's got an up and
a down end that could be the problem. Sometimes things like the "top" end
of a spring aren't really obvious, but the tsb should have some info on
how to figure out which end is up. I frequently have that problem myself,
if you can find out how to tell which end is up spread it around, please
: ) .

Larry