Gibson vs. Flowmaster

From: James Bird (BirdJD@internetmci.com)
Date: Thu Jul 17 1997 - 21:05:59 EDT

So I stopped by Flowmaster today to hear a 2 chamber 'Delta' system on his
318. It sounded sweet. The Flowmaster guy told me that I'd be really
unhappy with the 'noise' from my bullet looking Gibson that is still in the
box (3" in/ dual 2.5" out). He felt his 'Delta' would be much nicer at
2000-3000 RPM.

His second recommendations were: 3 chamber 'none delta' 3" in/ dual 2.5
out., or a 3 chamber 3" in/Out with a 'Y' after the exit.

I didn't care for the loudness of his 'Delta', yet he insisted the Gibson
would be too noisy.

As I carefully examine the Gibson, it's a 5" to 6" diameter with single 3"
in, dual 2.5" out. It has no packing, but a chamber design that works down
the edges of the outer tube.

Maybe I'll be the only one on this list that is running a DT header and
stock muffler as I don't know what to do!!

James Bird BirdJD@InternetMCI.com
'97 Dakota CC, V8, 4x4, 5sp, loaded, 500w of serious sound.