Re: Re '89 Shelby Dakota

From: JD Pruitt (jdpruit@ibm.net)
Date: Fri Jul 18 1997 - 16:07:30 EDT

My suggestion would be buy an 89 Shelby Dakota. There were alot on
modifications made by Shelby. These trucks were not built at Chrysler and
the Shelby name put on them. According to my door sticker this partially
built vehicle built by Chrysler 3/89 this completed vehicle built by Shelby
Automobiles Whitter Calf. 4/89. They have the 318, I think the 518 Auto OD,
390 posi, modified suppension, gas shocks, larger brakes (ABS) rear, 5 lug
alloy wheels and ground effects. There must be some engine mods, the HP
rating is different from the Ram in 89 the engine develops max torque at
2100 RPM and the rev limiter shuts of at 4800 RPM. I have added dual cat
back exhaust, K&N air filter, MSD ignition, and MP/Shelby computer (rare
hard to find). I have never been beaten by another pickup truck, drag or
top end. Still have a little trouble with modified 5.0 Mustangs, guess I
will have to put on the headers and modify the TBI. I have a lot of info on
the Shelby Dakotas if you need futher info. good luck.

JD Pruitt jdpruit@ibm.net