Borla Exhausts

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Fri Jul 18 1997 - 19:36:29 EDT

James Bird wrote:

> I have a Borla S/S on my Porsche and it's great. Workmanship is second to
> none. It was $1200 however. But it's WAY too loud for my taste, not to
> say the muffler for the Dakota would have the same characteristics.

It's been my experience that while Borla products do have excellent
workmanship, matierials, looks, sound, fit-and-finish, etc, they do not
always provide comparable performance gains to other, much less
expensive manufacturers products.

Considering that the Gibson exhaust is less than $300, and the Borla
is probably $900-1000, I doubt that the Borla produces 3 times the
power.

Bottom line - Borla makes a nice product if you have deep pockets.

Phil
'97 Dakota
'67 Charger