Re: R-12 A/C '93 Dakota question

From: mm m mmm (partstek@juno.com)
Date: Sun Jul 20 1997 - 07:20:38 EDT

I agree with bill's post, its not a big deal.When I was at an OTC Tool
clinic the subject of r12 to r134a retrofits
cam up when we were on break They were all doing it this way. They would
reclaim the r12, suck the sys to a vacuum put in ester oil and recharge
with r134a. One of the guys there who owned his own shop and ASE
certified everything even guarantees the job. They tell me that when the
ester oil and the r12 oil mix it creates a barrier that protects
o-rings,seals,ect. I asked our a/c rep about it and he says its being
done all over the place but recommends changing the Filter Drier or
Accumulator. I don't know anyone who has had this done to there car but
from what I here this is all you need to do.For Everco's procedures and
info I scanned go to http://members.tripod.com/~RockValley/air.html.
Wrong or right I'm just passing on what I here.

Mike Cabe