Re: HELP! Stereo Stupid and I've got questions!

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun Jul 20 1997 - 11:56:43 EDT

At 08:51 PM 7/19/97 -0400, you wrote:
>The Detachable Face of your head unit is removable, but, Don't pull or force
>it off, there should be a release button that pushes the face away from the
>chasis. For some models you need to take one end out at a time, some come
>directly out. About the stock 8 Ohms, that's fine to use. On another note, I
>put 6 1/2s in my front doors, it takes some mickey mousing, but they will fit
>in the stock locations.
>
>Ryro-
>88 'kota
>480 watts of ear wax shaking trouble...
>Cerwin Vega- Sony- Kenwood- Lanzar- Profile-

Thanks for the speaker info Ryro.....sorry I didn't clarify myself on the
dash. What I meant was the face of the dashboard itself. I think the '97
dash face just pops off to gain access to the factory head unit.

What do you think of Profiles quality. I put 4x6's in my wife's Blazer
dash and love 'em. What about the rest of their stuff? I'm don't need
anything killer...half the time my radio is off so I can listen to the
motor and exhaust anyway....now *that's* some sweet music....;^)
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6A & Blaster 2 coil w/ chrome cover
****