Re: Dakota Hesitation

From: David Zavetsky (dzavetsky@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jul 25 1997 - 21:49:54 EDT

Thanks! I checked at a local parts house and the guy said that in order to
"do it right" you needed the DRBII to link between the TPS and the
SBEC....Neither of my manuals say this....Can't I just bolt a new one in??

I checked my fuel pressure and it read 41 lbs with the vacuum disconnected
at the regulator (per my Haynes manual) ...right in specs.....But my Chilton
manual syas NOTHING about disconnecting the vaccuum hose....So If the
chiltons book is right, my fuel pressure is too low....

Who's right??

Also, (and please forgive my tacking yet another question on!!!), Have you
ever changed your EGR valve?? I had purchased one one time and went to
install it, and the truck ran like crap....It looked different from the
original, so I thought I would take it back and try the dealer part....Well,
it looked EXACTLY like the NAPA version...SO I dint bother.....SOmeone said
that a bad EGR valve could be giving me the hesitation as well....Any thoughts??

Thanks!!