Re: Tune-up time..MSD and Air-flow

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sat Jul 26 1997 - 00:01:48 EDT

At 06:24 PM 7/25/97 -0400, you wrote:

><< Has anybody noticed performance gains with MSD. >>
>
>Not really, maybe a little better throttle response and I was able to gap the
>plugs at 40 without high end miss but lost a little in the 1/4 mile after the
>MSD and have been unable to get it back. I am going to unhook the MSD and try
>it just to check. I have stock wires and stock coil but even running Nitrous
>I have not seen a top end miss with plugs gapped at .040 but my best runs
>have been before the MSD with plugs gapped at .032 and Nitrous runs were with
>stock computer.
>
>Bill

Hey Will...you might look into doing the wires and coil. You're definitely
not reaping the full benefits of the box without 'em. I think I felt a
better throttle response increase from the Moroso Wires I installed than I
felt from the 6A and Blaster coil. I would almost bet money if you swapped
wires and coil you'd get your lost et back and then some.

I'm really not expecting my MSD to really shine until the mods get a bit
more advanced on my truck.

Just my 2 cents.
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
"Pilone Throttle Body"
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6A & Blaster 2 coil w/ chrome cover
Pioneer DEH-435 CD Receiver
****