Re: Dakota Hesitation

From: BadDakota1@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 26 1997 - 01:41:48 EDT

<< Thanks! I checked at a local parts house and the guy said that in order
 "do it right" you needed the DRBII to link between the TPS and the
 SBEC....Neither of my manuals say this....Can't I just bolt a new one in??

yeah you could but then you may not be able to return it if it doesn't fix
your problem.........you COULD however find a service manual...find out what
voltage the SBEC should be seeing and measure it at the SBEC with a
DVOM......or you could measure the resistance at the tps and compare it with
what it should be.....also while measureing it slowly open and close the
throttle.........change in reading should be nice and smooth and not eratic

Russ