Shift Kit Update

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Sat Jul 26 1997 - 02:04:24 EDT

Well, after having my shift kit in for a week, i must say that i am very
impressed. the way this thing shifts is awesome, it will shift when i want
it to and real firm and crisp. it is soemwhat tame under normal driving and
under WOT it will do what it is supposed to do!. if any of you auto owners
wanna shake a few tenths off your e.t.'s, get a shift kit!. after my first
installation of one (6 hours long). i could probably do it again in 3
hours. it was easy!. the transgo video was so detailed thayt it looked like
tim allen could have done this without a flaw! i will have proof in the
performance on august first when the drag strip here opens back up. my best
e.t. to date has been 16.032@83.85 mph. i hope to now be in teh mid 15's
since i haeva few more miles on her and the shift kit (not to mention my
nice bored TBI)and now a little more controllability with teh truck (more
used to its characteristics). also, i am really interested in what you '97
owners are running the 1/4, it seems to me that the previoud '96 and older
models are faster, maybe they are lighter?. i dont really know. CYA!

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
Shift Kit.
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car