dakota TBIs

From: Frank Ball (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Sat Jul 26 1997 - 02:34:19 EDT

} From: jules <jghunter@nol.net>
} Subject: Re: Throttle Body Update
}
} i NEVER sell one as guaranteed to lower ets!!! and i tell drag race
} oriented customers that... right up front!!!
}
} and that is because... at WOT the volumetric efficiency of a particular
} magnum/dak's combination of the parts is lower than that of the mpi tbi
} at WOT. and drag racing is at WOT! so while the tbis is a home run at
} part throttle, and up, and overall it seems the lack of the additional
} correct upgrades to up the volumetric efficiency of the TOTAL combo of
} parts will hold a truck back... but then, mr andre... i am sure YOU
} already knew that!

Ok, so if a ported TBI isn't good for power at WOT, why should I buy
one? This is an honest question, what is the benifit? Jules, Andre?
anybody else?

Here's a more general question. We all know the intake and exhaust are
the limiting factors in a stock Dak. Suppose a person makes the basic
upgrades: D.T. Headers, 3" cat back exhaust, MOPAR computer, some big
open element air filter, good plug wires. Ok now what's the limiting
factor? What mod should be done next to feel an improvement? 3" high
flow cat? The MOPAR cam and springs? A TBI? Something else? Then what
makes sense after that? Low end torque is always nice, but top end is
what I really need for passing. The goal is better top end with no loss
in low end.

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD