Re: Cam specs and ignitions

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun Jul 27 1997 - 18:24:53 EDT

At 03:21 PM 7/27/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey Sean....
>
>Cam specs for Magnum R/T are as follows .458/.467 lift with 1.6 ratio
rockers.
>Crower lift specs with 1.7 rockers are .510/.515 at .050" duration.

        Whoa. What are the *stock* cam's lift figures. The 1.7's on the *R/T*
cam only give .486/.496 lift. .458 divided by 1.6 to get back to lobe
lift times 1.7 equals .486. That's the formula I think.

>I do agree with you on the ignitions. They probobly will make the motor more
>efficient, but I don't care about smooth idle quality. I think most people
>want a HP and Torque increase for acceleration purposes. That is what I'm
only
>looking for.

        Same feelings here. Couldn't care less about the idle. Actually wish it
had some more lope to it but the OBD will prevent getting that.

1/4 mile ET's and the Vericom VC-2000 has proved so far with "my"
>truck, Their is no Performance advantage. Oh... VC2000 Standard goes for
500.00.
>With all the goodies out there, I would have to say the rockers was the most
>bang
>for the buck. And we all know that the performance goodies are not cheap for
>our
>application!

        Amen to that!! Almost makes ya yearn for a small block Chevy.....notice I
said *almost*! 8^)

>P.S. I have been told not to use the cam and the rockers together. Piston to
>valve
>clearances may become a problem. Crower recommends their stock cam regrind
>and assures
>even more performance than with the R/T Cam. Also Blower REGRINDS are
>recommended.

        Hmmm....they give you any prices on regrinds? By the way....nice to have
ya aboard Stan!

*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
"Pilone Throttle Body"
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6A & Blaster 2 coil w/ chrome cover
Pioneer DEH-435 CD Receiver
****