Cam specs and ignitions

From: dmagnum@ccs.netside.com
Date: Sun Jul 27 1997 - 15:21:50 EDT

Hey Sean....

Cam specs for Magnum R/T are as follows .458/.467 lift with 1.6 ratio rockers.
Crower lift specs with 1.7 rockers are .510/.515 at .050" duration. I do
agree with you on the ignitions. They probobly will make the motor more
efficient, but I don't care about smooth idle quality. I think most people
want a HP and Torque increase for acceleration purposes. That is what I'm only
looking for. 1/4 mile ET's and the Vericom VC-2000 has proved so far with "my"
truck, Their is no Performance advantage. Oh... VC2000 Standard goes for 500.00.
With all the goodies out there, I would have to say the rockers was the most
bang
for the buck. And we all know that the performance goodies are not cheap for
our
application! To all you guys out their.......you must change the rear servo
spring
remove the check ball and drill out the 1-2 shift hole to .101 the max if
you want
your TRANSGO modified A518 to bark the tires. Don't make the same mistakes I
did.
Use the white PR Spring not the blue. It may make the shift points to high .
My motor
hit 5300 or so before it shut down. Consider were you want the tranny to
shift at. 5000
if its stock. Play with your kickdown Adjustment at the Throttle Body to
control shift
points. I think you'll be real happy with this setup.

Stan
dmagnum@mail.netside.com

P.S. I have been told not to use the cam and the rockers together. Piston to
valve
clearances may become a problem. Crower recommends their stock cam regrind
and assures
even more performance than with the R/T Cam. Also Blower REGRINDS are
recommended.