Re: Your Idea's

From: dmagnum@ccs.netside.com
Date: Sun Jul 27 1997 - 19:18:40 EDT

Hey Sam,

At 03:18 PM 7/27/97 -0700, you wrote:

> You mentioned very litte, if any at all gains from the headers???
>I picked up 2-3 10ths with mine (I had the SBEC, K&N, and 3" CAT back,
>then
>tried the headers). The people who have bought the DT headers on this
>list will probably agree with me. They are worth it, and add a great low
>end
>punch (which would help with your 60' times to boot.) Anyone want to add
>anything about the headers?
>
> Sam '95 SLT

Because of what I have seen at the track and read in mags and talking to pro's,
I felt it was not necessary to use headers. Remember that you had a small
restrictive exhaust Y Pipe (1994 and up models). Headers will dramatically open
this restriction up. Agree. 1992 and 1993's have a larger y-pipe and 3"
inlet to the cat. I have seen these trucks(92-93) run low 14's all day long
with just a catback exhaust and of course a few other mods but the principle
is their. I have a 96. For free........I received a 93 y-pipe from a friend
that owed me a favor. I had the 4X4 pinch restriction cut out and cleaned up
the weld at the pipes outlet. So Mine should flow a little better than a
92-93 running low 14's.
what did I pay.......65 bucks to have another friend put it on.

My 60 foot problems are due to loss of traction. My tires, even though they
are 10.5" wide are to damn hard for racing. Some young punk talked me into them.
Sometimes I get over Zealous and drink to many beers. Hell, We all make mistakes

Stan
dmagnum@mail.netside.com