Re: hot while idling

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Tue Jul 29 1997 - 17:29:17 EDT

Sam Parthemer wrote:

> The HD cooling helps a ton, as my '95 has it and my '91
> didn't, and
> I can speak from experience. The fact that under the same conditions
> it
> has
> acted differently, and the FACT that you 'just flushed your cooling
> system'
> ,
> leads to possibility that you have a bad thermostat.
>

> Sam '95 SLT Dakota

Haven't thought of that, tstat is brand new but I did flush after it was
installed. Since the needle sits right next to "C" I asumed it was
opening up like it should. I gues it could be partially blocked, the
stock tstat (195 degree) read higher on the guage but never went to
1/2. The 180 degree has gone to about 4/5ths on the guage. It's not
really a problem, but I'll keep a close eye on it. Anyone tried a
hi-flow thermostat? I've seen these at the parts stores they are
suposed to have a larger opening to allow for more coolant flow. I
think they also open with the direction of flow instead of against it...

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto