Re: AIS motor cost?

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Tue Jul 29 1997 - 17:29:41 EDT

Jane or Larry Elliott wrote:

> I think that they're about $55-60 unless they've raised the price
> drastically.
>
> Larry

Just picked it up today, one dealer wanted $45 another wanted $34. So I
pretended to be a parts store owner and got it for $27 :-) Just love
being able to screw the dealer, usually the other way around...

For those of you who have changed you AIS I got a question. When I
installed the new unit and started engine the motor held a constant
1800RPM for about 30 seconds and then it started to gradually decrease
speed in roughly 200 RPM increments. About 1 minute later it had
finally returned to normal (600 - 700 RPM). It's working fine now, but
what's up with the 1800rpm? When I put the AIS in the piston was fully
retracted so thats where the extra air was comming in at. I thought the
piston would extend much quicker than 1 minute. At first I thought I
had the wrong AIS motor. There is a differnt number on the new one.
The old one was 53030450 and the new is 53030657 but it seems to be
working fine. Anyone got a parts book that can confirm the correct
number? After screwing the dealer I don't really want to call back and
start asking questions...

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto