Re: alt.dodge.trucks.dakota

From: Frank Ball (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 1997 - 19:08:43 EDT

} Since I am new the Dakota Mailing list this may have been addresses
} previously, but has there been any discussion to making a
} "alt.dodge.trucks.dakota" newsgroup? How many votes are needed to add a
} newsgroup? Since joining this newsgroup I have been flooded with tons of
} e-mails and it occurred to me that the traffic is rather heavy to use a
} mailing list. Given the new problems for the mailing list would a newsgroup
} be a better method? You do lose some control as far as who posts and get
} some spam. Any feedback?

The mailing list has been trouble free enough that I'm not going to
panic over one glitch. A newsgroup would be easier to sort through, but
you will have to sort through far more noise. I don't even get
alt.dodge.trucks, so creating alt.dodge.trucks.dakota would probably not
help. Some people don't get any alt groups, and all alt groups I've
seen get mostly spam. A better idea would be
rec.autos.makers.chrysler.trucks. The Dakotas and the RAMS have enough
in common that a common group would be good, and the traffic level would
be about right for a newsgroup, and approval to create a new group would
be much easier too.

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD