98 dakota

From: sclarke@cancom.net
Date: Mon Aug 04 1997 - 23:17:21 EDT

I was at the dealer today and asked about a new dakota, they said
about 22500 so I figured on 25000. the payments would be about 460 a
month with 3000 down and allowed 35000 km a year. this is over 2 1/2
year or maybe 3 years. I know for a neon with 2000 down over 3 years
the payments are 305$ a month. What is the cheapest way to get a new
dakota, try for a 97? longer lease? , buy it. If I don't get a dakota
I will have to go with a Neon :-(. these are canadian pricesand are
subject to change without notice :-). The dealer will give me 9000
for my truck, does this seem reasonable? (94 V-6, 5-speed, nothing
else, not even a stereo) they say I paid 9500 for it so they can't
give me more, but I got an extended warranty with it so I'm losing
900$ plus the taxes. I wonder if I can get more somewhere else, I'm
on an island with one dealer, I might try calling p.e.i to find out
more...

any help appreciated, don't think I could put up not having a dakota
that long ;-), but the neon I want it supposed to go about 135-138 mph
so 130 seems possible, humm....
It takes a mopar to catch a mopar:-)

Steve Clarke 94 Dakota V-6, 5-Speed
sclarke@cancom.net Alpine