Honda engines & NHTSA

From: Mark Seagondollar (segndolr@us.ibm.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 1997 - 11:11:49 EDT

2 things (other than glad to have the mailing list back)

1) Bob Tufts <rbt@frontiernet.net> said

"considering Honda managed to get 1500 hp out of a 1.5 liter engine in F1 (when
turbos were allowed) I'd give 'em credit for something! :-)

-Bob T."

Yes Bob, Honda makes some good lawnmower engines, some impressive motorcycle
engines, and some great race engines and I'm sure we could spend a lot of
bandwidth discussing everybody's favorites. But, designing to meet engineering
criteria specified by marketing or limited focus needs doesn't make them a
manufacturer of vehicles that I would purchase from. I looked for durability
and reliability, functionality, and good cost/value ratio. That's why I chose
the Dakota. It fit my parameters, period. I don't see Honda making anything
that approaches it.

2) I just got a response back from my Internet note to NHTSA about the
non-retracting seatbelts, along with a release request that I allow them to
contact the manufacturer. Anybody else interested in seeing the seatbelt
retractor work?