RE: Honda engines & NHTSA

From: rich_gambino@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Thu Aug 07 1997 - 13:03:43 EDT

I don't seem to have any seatbelt retraction problems on my '96.
I wonder if they changed anything on the newer models. I'll
admit there's not much recoil force there, but it always retracts
fully after I unbuckle it and swing it over.

The way I view it, since this system does not ratchet, any increase
in the retraction force would cause the belt to tug harder on your
chest and become an annoyance when driving.

Just my $0.02.

Rich