Re: '97 Exhaust Article

From: tnadoman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sun Aug 10 1997 - 22:51:45 EDT

On 08/10/97 22:24:11 you wrote:

> Hey everyone, on my way to a soccer tourney in houston this week I picked up
>some much needed reading material including a copy of the OCt. issue of
>"Truckin". And to my merriment what do I find? An article about exhaust for
>'97 daks. In the article they put Mopar Performance headers and Borla (hate
>borla....) cat-back exhaust on a 5.2 L 5 speed. They also included some
>spiffy little photos of the installation. After both parts were installed
>they took it on over to a dyno and tested it. Rear wheel horsepower
>increased by over 21 percent. I'll let you do the math on this one, but that
>looks like a pretty significant gain to me. Now only if they had used Gibson
>exhaust....Oh yeah, has anyone heard if that Gibson Supertruck exhaust is
>available for '97 daks?
>Will
>'97 CC Sport 318 auto 3.55

As I mentioned earlier, I could have swore that the Mopar headers weren't available yet for the
'97 5-spds. I guess I need to stop by my local dealer and ask for myself. It would be nice. Oh
yah, 21% increase would bump up the horsepower from 230 to 278!

Dave Thede
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 V8/5-spd CC
K&N FIPK clone
Mopar headers and Gibson duals up next