speakers

From: Bob Carmack (rob@notnow.com)
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 10:51:10 EDT

At 01:04 AM 8/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>James Bird wrote:
>>
>> I'm a fan of separating the frequencies. So my vote is for tubes and 5
>> 1/4"s. The boxes would work fine as well, but then you are talking 8" (or
>> 10") speakers firing into the back of the seat. Good base, but the cheap
>> horn tweeters firing up would drive me nuts.
>
>Sean, I agree with James. I've had some 2 way boxes in my chevy and
>after that I *swore* I would never again have anything to do with the
>horn tweeters. They can be painful sometimes, I mean that
>literally.... Like having a PA system blaring at ya, real nasty
>sounding.... There might be some better ones out there but I'm finished
>with the horns. My Kappa's have nice dome tweeters made from parachute
>silk, Ahhhh so smooth and pleasing.......
>
>--
>Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
> '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto
> MP SBEC, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat-back dual
> Doug Thorley Headers (on order)
> http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/

I just wanted to add that I have about 8 years exp in car audio and soon I
will be getting some exp in truck audio, HA. I am going to put Infinity
Kappa 62i's in the rear and a pair of Kappa 65cs seperates in the front.
I've had a good relationship with Infinity Kappa's. I am putting in a
Kenwood KDC-775 head unit with 10 disc changer, an Alpine 3331 11 band EQ
with sub outs, a Kenwood KAC-646X 4 channel amp, a KAC-921 2 channel amp,
and two Infinity Beta 8" woofers(enclosures built by me). Not a
complicated setup, but should sound extremely good. I got all the stuff
now I just need the truck. Oh another thing you all may already know is
Crutchfield carries all the wiring harnesses, speaker brackets, and kits
for the 97 Dakota. The extra money spent makes for a lot less hassel.

Rob Carmack
rob@notnow
Deep Amethyst, '98 Dakota Sport, CC, 4x2, 5.3L 318, 5spd, 3.55 SG
Deliv. Early Sept.