Re: Questions From A Newbie

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 20:56:56 EDT

<< what is
 the difference in 1/4 times between auto's and 5-speeds, I thought
 the manual's where faster by the times motor trend and other magazine
 write up on? >>

On which run ? If you make a perfedt run with a five speed (ie not to much
spin, no missed shifts, catch them all at optimum RPM, ect.) then a five
speed would have a good run, and may come close to a Auto but deviate from
any of the above and you lose. The auto is difficult to beat for consistency
and with very little tinkering would be just difficult to beat at all. I love
a 5 sp for playing but not for racing...

Bill