Re: 8" Wheels

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 21:17:16 EDT

At 08:57 PM 8/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Andre
>
>Thanks for the info. Also was that you whom was telling about a article in a
>Mopar mag about modifying the intake manifold for betteer performance ? If it
>was what was the mag and what issue. Any info on the mod would be
>appreciated. I just caught a little bit about it through the jules ordeal. I
>would be interested in reading the article but have not been able to find it.
>
>Thanks
>Bill

        If Andre doesn't have access, Bill, I've got the article and a color
scanner. I could email it to ya no problem. Anybody else miss it?

I talked to the owner of the shop that does this a few weeks ago as he's
not to far from my work. Sounds like an interesting mod but I'm curious if
it could be duplicated for less than the $475 he's asking. You can get the
Magnum M1 for $220. I have to imagine a good machine shop could drill the
injector bosses out in no time.

Just an additional note about the article......the author mentions using a
stripped down Holley ProJection for an additional gain. The owner said he
was a little upset about how misleading that part of the artilce was. He
did that mod for a dyno run and said it was a TON of work. Not really that
practical. He's workin' on a performance throttle body to compliment the
manifold. I WILL be doing this mod eventually.