Re: Drag Strip Revisted, again.

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 14 1997 - 18:15:11 EDT

<< the shift kit wants to take
 the engine over redlin before it will shift (meaning hitting the rev
 limiter), so i hurt myself bad tonight with that shifting. >>

Jarrod

I don't think you can get by the rev limiter without the computer but a
suggestion would be to get a B&M Mega shifter, I know one of the guys here
has one and I am about to get one for mine. Can Not miss a shift, I tried one
the other night. 142.95 from Summit. My truck runs to about 5500 in 2 to 3
shift, still does 1 to 2 at 5000 but I have the computer and does not hit the
rev limit. But I think I am losing a little by reving that much 2 to 3. I
won't try to shift it with stock shifter but that Mega shifter is the cats
doowaa.

<<i also am going to
do a nice change to this truck to gimme some more on the e.t. gonna get a
stall converter (2800 rpm) and change over to 4.10 gears from teh 3.55's.
thaty should be worth a good chunk of time in the 1/4. GAME ON!!!>>

The converter should help but I doubt the gears will do much for you. Have
you ever used the Drag Plus software program ? It is a neat little program
that allows you to input any and all info about you and your vehicle and then
tells you what you should be running. It also tells you what the optimum
Converter stall should be for both 1/8 and 1/4 and optimum gearing and allows
you to change any setting on your vehicle and tell you what the results would
be. I was going for 4.30 gears then I got this program and it told me optimum
gear would be 5.18 which would give me about 1 tenth maybe so go figure what
4.30 would do, didly squat. Too much money for result. You can get a
shareware copy fully functional but only allows you to store one vehicle at
the Staging Light site at http://rconcepts.com/beard/. I bought the full
program for 34.95 and allows tech support. The guys were very helpful when
needed. You ought to check it out, it saved me a lot of loot for things that
won't help out.

Bill