Drag Strip Revisted, again.

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Tue Aug 12 1997 - 23:40:35 EDT

welp, i finally got to run her at the drag strip since i've done the l;ast
two mods. i am very dissappointed in myself, i drove the truck awful. plus
traction was a major problem now (didnt have time to grab the slicks) with
half bald 275/60/15's. so i aired em down to 14 pounds of air and did a
hellacious burnout on ym last run and got a .522 reaction time (best ever
in this truck). but my problem was shifting. the shift kit wants to take
the engine over redlin before it will shift (meaning hitting the rev
limiter), so i hurt myself bad tonight with that shifting. if i can shift
it right i can get into the 15's. best run was a 16.23@83.55 mph. slower
than my last time there. but it was my fault because of the shifting. i
need to somehow raise the rev limit NOW!. i wonder if my jacobs ignition
will raise it??. hmm dunno till i try. i doubt it cause it gets its feed
from teh stock coil. i want either the jet or the MP com[puter when they
are out. anyone got the latest scoop on when for the '97's????? I WANT THAT
DANG COMPUTER!!!!.

ALSO, jules from MPI mentioned to me about a blue wire either coming out of
the tranny or behind the spedo on the trucks that is the sped limiter feed
wire (or sumtin) he said for me to find this wire and put a switch on it. i
really would like tobe able to go over 115 mph. BUT!!. i also am going to
do a nice change to this truck to gimme some more on the e.t. gonna get a
stall converter (2800 rpm) and change over to 4.10 gears from teh 3.55's.
thaty should be worth a good chunk of time in the 1/4. GAME ON!!!

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
Shift Kit.
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car