Noise...

From: Randy Bowman (r.bowman@cvce.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 1997 - 23:42:16 EDT

Well, I have now replaced the shocks, sway bar bushings and had the truck at 2
different mechanics, and we still cannot find the poping noise that is coming
from the front end on accel/decel. Although the shocks and bushings needed
replacing anyway and handles much better (53k Miles on it)...and it is not the
steering column, (but that makes noise also, but will be fixed this weekend)

Now wondering if maybe if maybe it is coming from the front
driveline/differential??? Anyone else experienced this???

The mechanics say ball joints are fine as well...

any comments would be appreciated as i am about to pull out all my hair on this
one

HELP!

Randy Bowman
http://www.cvce.com/reb/dakota.htm
'93 LE 4X4 CC 318ci Auto
MP SBEC, K&N FIPK, Gibson 3", JBA SS Headers, MSD 6AL, Blaster 3, Brass Cap &
Rotor, MSD Wires

'69 Camaro 350 Auto (UnderConstruction)
'79 Triumph Spitfire (Daily Driver)
'68 Triumph Spitfire (Under Tarp)