Re: Q:Fog lamp cutouts

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 16 1997 - 07:28:36 EDT

<< I'm gonna be doin' this too.......can you get 4" hole saws? >>

You can get a 4" at any tools supply place or should be able to. One thing
for sure using that size of a saw you need to be very careful because if the
saw can bite and jump and make a mess. The best way I have found on any hole
saw is to drill the pilot hole without the saw on the mandrel, this way when
the bit breaks through you won't jam the saw into the material which could
break the bit and the saw could go wild. With big saws like that I also
usually drill a smaller hole (ie 1 1/2 or so) which is easier to control the
put the 1 1/2 saw inside the larger saw (Most mandrels have enough threads to
do this but be sure before doing it as you would lose your pilot bit hole)
this way the 1 1/2 saw would become the pilot bit and make for a safer cut.

Bill