Re: '98..Got mine!!!

From: Mark & Holly Gardner (gardner1@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Aug 16 1997 - 14:49:48 EDT

My salesman told me that they got mine pushed though early, because they
are
not building V-8 4x4's right now and I had been waiting such a long
time.

Please elaborate. Sounds strange to me as '97 V6's are being discounted.
If
anything, they sould haved learned to build more V8 4X4's to cover
demand.

-Bob T. (future '98 V8 4X4 CC Sport)

You'd think...all I know is...About a month or so before the truck
came in, I talked to my dealer and he said that there had been a "big
dog" in the dealership and they told him about my truck and asked him to
"see what he could do". I did not see the "big dog" with my own eyes,
so I cannot tell you how valid the story is, but my dealer swears that
they talked to him. Anyway I got a ship date and then it shipped a week
earlier than planned. When I went to pick up the truck, the dealer told
me about pushing it through and about not building any V-8 4x4 right
now. They could be just going thought waves right not of different
models and just haven't gotten to that model yet. I don't know...Just
a theory.
Bob, is yours on order?? If so, I now how you feel. It's really hard
to be patient. I bugged my dealer plenty. All for now....

Holly Gardner
'98 Black Dakota "Sport" 4x4, V-8, 5-speed, CC, etc.