Re: Thorley's are done...

From: samp@cts.com
Date: Sat Aug 16 1997 - 17:53:29 EDT

> I think I may start looking at heat shielding for my wires. What are
> these headers made of, plutonium??? They throw a crap load of heat into
> the engine compartment (that is a technical term...) I think I need
> some decals on my hood saying open by the edges to avoid being burned by
> escaping heat ;_)

        You'll be fine. I've had no problems (heat related, or otherwise) with
mine. You'll get use to it!!

> Well that's about all for toinight. Just want to say thanks to all the
> guys who helped me with my questions and offered encouragement. Oh yeah
> Sam, NO clearance problems with stearing shaft, got about 1 inch space
> between it and the header. Been up now for 40 hours straight so i'm
> going to sleep, for a looong time.

        The '95 is a different beast than a '93... I'll snap some shots of mine,
and you'll see what I mean. The heat you have mentioned, it seems to
decrease after all of the 'new burnt' smell stuff comes off (or is baked
on!).
Watch your temp gauge, and you'll find that your truck will run cooler
now.
Also, the headers will cool off in about 15 minutes, unlike your stock
manifolds
which will hold in the heat much longer.

        Like the sound eh?? I told you... It really takes the 'bark', and makes
it 'bite'...

> And this time I mean it...... ;^)
>

> --
> Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
> '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto
> MP SBEC, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat-back dual
> Doug Thorley Headers
> http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/

        Sam '95 SLT