Re: Thorley's are done...

From: KARL MOLTZAN (kmoltzan@mymail.net)
Date: Mon Aug 18 1997 - 09:53:30 EDT

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997 23:47:01, -0500 XGLT71A@prodigy.com ( JERRY S
DALTON) wrote:

>As I've said before, DH is a show header. The Tri-Y design was the
>great thing about 20 years ago, since then the header manufactures
>have found that equal length headers are the best. When is the last
>time you have seen a race car with tri-y headers? I've seen them on
>few old show cars. And besides if it wasn't a show header you could
>get them unchromed. And the last thing a Magnum motor needs is more
>torque, with the intake runners they have torque is a given. Where
>they need help is on the top end past 4500 rpm where they are dead.
>I'll still lay money that if someone runs a set of true duals or a
>cat back with the stock manifolds it will run better then a set of
DH.

Not true, The DTs are chromed but they are NOT a SHOW header.My
headers do not look like a show piece.Also the tri-y design is
best up to 5500rpms.Magnums powers falls off before 5500rpms so
the DTs are best for us.I dropped 6 10ths in the 1/4 mile
when I put on my DTs

                92 CC 4X2 5.2L 4/5RT(stock cam)
                   1.7Crower, Electric Fans
                     DTs,Jacobs Omnipac