Re: Thorley's are done...

From: dmagnum@ccs.netside.com
Date: Mon Aug 18 1997 - 11:00:56 EDT

KARL MOLTZAN wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Aug 1997 23:47:01, -0500 XGLT71A@prodigy.com ( JERRY S
> DALTON) wrote:
>
> >As I've said before, DH is a show header. The Tri-Y design was the
> >great thing about 20 years ago, since then the header manufactures
> >have found that equal length headers are the best. When is the last
> >time you have seen a race car with tri-y headers? I've seen them on
> >few old show cars. And besides if it wasn't a show header you could
> >get them unchromed. And the last thing a Magnum motor needs is more
> >torque, with the intake runners they have torque is a given. Where
> >they need help is on the top end past 4500 rpm where they are dead.
> >I'll still lay money that if someone runs a set of true duals or a
> >cat back with the stock manifolds it will run better then a set of
> DH.
>
> Not true, The DTs are chromed but they are NOT a SHOW header.My
> headers do not look like a show piece.Also the tri-y design is
> best up to 5500rpms.Magnums powers falls off before 5500rpms so
> the DTs are best for us.I dropped 6 10ths in the 1/4 mile
> when I put on my DTs
>
> 92 CC 4X2 5.2L 4/5RT(stock cam)
> 1.7Crower, Electric Fans
> DTs,Jacobs Omnipac
> B&M Shifter 4200lbs
> 15.054@90.124
> kmoltzan@mymail.net

WELL....ALL I CAN SAY IS I AM RUNNING 15.05 @88.3MPH AND 0-60 IN 6.44 SEC WITHOUT THE
HEADERS, FANCY IGNITIONS, AND PERFORMANCE JTEC. TRACTION IS THE KEY. OPENING UP YOUR
EXHAUST AND LOSING THE NECESSARY BACK PRESSURE IS A BIG MISTAKE. UNLESS YOU ARE PORTING
THE HEADS. 500.00 IS TO MUCH TO SPEND ON A TENTH IF YOUR LUCKY IF NOT LOSING THE TENTH.
NOTICE MY MPH IN THE QUARTER......MY MOTOR IS FALLING OFF ON THE TOP SIDE AND IT WAS 83
DEGREES OUT WITH 95% HUMIDITY. WHAT THIS GENTLEMAN IS SAYING IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
CONCENTRATE ON TRACTION AND KEEPING THE MOTOR COOL AND NOT ON JACOBS CRAP AND MSD FOR
STOCK APPLICATIONS. JUST ASK BILL. HE SAW ME RUN MY TRUCK !!!

STAN
dmagnum@mail.netside.com