Re: Shift Kit Installed

From: kmiller (kmiller@cvn.net)
Date: Mon Aug 18 1997 - 11:05:04 EDT

Hey Randy:

I got mine when it came w/ my truck. The guy bought it but never put it
in. Why, I don't know. He works at a Dodge Dealership, which is where he
got it. When we opened it up it turned out to be a Turbo Action Shift Kit.
 All in all it wasn't bad. You have to remove the transmission pan, pull
the valve body down. You end pretty much taking everything apart in the
valve body. The instructions were pretty good, and you end up replacing a
couple springs and drilling a couple holes in some plates. They even
included a drill bit with the kit. I would definitely give yourself a good
afternoon. We started on mine around 12:00 and finished around 6:30, but
it was all worth it. You can probably go to a dealership and pick one of
these up because that is where this one came from. I really like it
because it gives me much much firmer shifts from first to second, and if
tramp down on the pedal from a standing stop I can spin in first and then
chirp second. I think that is pretty good, considering it is not a Magnum
or anything.

I'm satisfied

Scott