Re: 98 prices are out

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Thu Sep 04 1997 - 07:30:10 EDT

Bob - How could there be an R/T 4x4, unless it was full-time 4wd,
engineered for maximum handling, rather than off-road prowess? A
high-ground clearance R/T just wouldn't make sense. Now there could be a
360 4x4; but not an R/T 4x4.
I'm curious to know what the R/T's trailer-pulling capability will be
(although I hate automatic tranny, so surely wouldn't buy one instead of
the 318/5speed).
----------

(http://www.4adodge.com/value_add/dakota_rt.html)

> " The Dakota R/T will be available in three bodystyles:
> 4x2 Regular Cab, 4x2 Club Cab and 4x4 Club Cab.
Both
> the 4x2 and 4x4 versions are equipped with a
> traction-maximizing limited-slip, antispin
differential. "

> and below:
>
> "The 1998 Dakota R/T will go on sale in the Fall of 1997. "
>
> First they moved the availability date back til spring (well I guess
technically you can order one now with
> a 6 month delivery! :-) Now they are backing down from the 4X4 version.
And then there were rumors of
> a 5 speed later. The way it's been going I have my doubts about that
ever happening.

> I Guess the point is moot as I can't wait til spring and I must have a
4X4 CC.

> I don't know if I'd wait if anyone's considering one...probably the 360
will be pushed back to 1999 at this
> rate and we all know the earth is coming to an end in yr 2000! :-) :-)
>
> I hope they update that year old press release, but then again they
probably would have to change it