Re: 4x4 Drag - 95 slt

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Thu Sep 04 1997 - 12:55:16 EDT

----------
> From: Randy E. Bowman <r.bowman@cvce.com>
> To: 'dakota@ait.fredonia.edu'
> Subject: RE: 4x4 Drag - 95 slt
> Date: Thursday, September 04, 1997 09:48 AM
>
> I ran another test yesterday, (Bill, i think your right and i misread the

> mph on that run), it was 15.61 at 95.0 mph keep in mind that this is not
> drag strip run, but a computer run with the GtechPro (Similar to
Vericom).
> 235/75R15 Michelin LTX M/S tires, 3.55 rear, and Amoco 93. According to
> Stan you also have to reduce the time by .289 or so to compensate for
roll
> at the track. It would be nice to see a 14.?? even if 14.99. Just for
> braggin' rights but im sure id have to do something with tires and maybe
> few more mods for hp

        Someone else here did a GtechPro run for me for my truck... It produced
a number that was not anywhere close to my actually time/speed.

        What has been done to the 4x4??? My best time of 15.4@90.7 mph was
accomplished with very little wheelspin at the start, and shifting at max
hp each
gear (4400 rpm).

        Just curious, but what launch techniques do you 5 spd guys use? I want
to keep my truck a while, so all of my runs have been 1500-1800 rpm rev,
then go
(not dropping clutch, but letting it out rather quick, then flooring it...
one time I bogged,
the others I got a quick wheel spin, then off I went).

        Sam '95 SLT Dakota
http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/