was: Axle switcheroo, now is: ordering problem

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Thu Sep 04 1997 - 16:02:59 EDT

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997 21:20:33 -0400, you wrote:

>Oh, don't get me started on "what I ordered" compared to "what I got".
>First was the BS about "it didn't come with the hitch you ordered cause
>you can't get a hitch when you order the HD towing package"

Wrong. Not sure what they are calling a "HD towing package", but if it
is the Trailer Tow Prep group, that is the hitch! I ordered mine with
heavy duty everything, including the hitch.

>so I made
>them install the Mopar hitch. Also on the missing list was the skid
>plate package, which I didn't even think to look for until I had the
>truck up on the lift about a month after delivery.

        I almost had that happen too. Here's what I did...

Spent two hours with the dealer ordering my truck. We when over every
option and checked them off a list. Then I went home, and looked
everything over for one day. Then I went back, and gave them the
deposit the next day. Then I saw that after all that, we had missed
the skid plates, called the salesman, stopped the order, and met with
him the next day and did it all again. His boss called me one day
after that to make sure that it was correct, and no color changes were
to be made, etc.=20

When the truck came in, I spent fifteen minutes going over the truck
with my paperwork and the sticker making sure everything was on the
paperwork and the truck. Then I went in and signed the papers, not
before. I checked everything including looking for paint runs...

The dealer will get you, but only if you let them. Triple check
everything!!

        Steve

=09
97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back