Re: Which payload option to buy?

From: jaallis (jaallis@ibm.net)
Date: Fri Sep 05 1997 - 11:37:19 EDT

John Lull wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Sep 1997 22:04:09 -0600, you wrote:
>
> > When I used to
> > commute I averaged 21-22mpg in rush hour traffic, where it took an hour
> > to go 29 miles. I feel you'll be happy with the six.
>
> Is this with the auto or 5-speed?
>
> What rear end do you have?
>
> Regards,
> John
I have the Auto and 3.55 gears. I like the combo, it works well for a
daily driver. If I keep my foot out of it I get 18mpg in city driving,
maybe more as I don't rarely keep my foot out of it. At that I still
get 17mpg. Not bad. I originally went looking for a V8 but couldn't
find one the way I wanted it, couldn't wait to special order. I real
pleased with the V6 and I'm not supporting the city in ticket fines. I
really love the truck and I am in the process of lifting it. It's a 2x4
and I'm using custom coils, so you can see I'm keeping her for a while.

Jay