Re: Which payload option to buy?

From: John Lull (lull@acm.org)
Date: Fri Sep 05 1997 - 14:05:30 EDT

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997 12:50:00 -0400, Robert Tufts <rbt@frontiernet.net>
wrote:

> You get the
> 31" tires as part of the Sport+ package, or you can order them
> separately as a on line option. I'm seeing lots of differences
> in how things are grouped/packaged for '98.

KBB doesn't list either Sport+ or SLT+ packages. Would you happen to
know the order codes, and what they add to the B or E packages?

> Related to the lousy ride there are a few GVW packages and my thoughts
> are to by the lowest rate springs and supplement (if necessary) with
> something like airlift air bags. That way you don`t get a "buckboard"
> ride unloaded and you inflate the bags (or air shocks, etc) to
> supplement only when needed.

By lowest rate you mean the standard (1250#) payload option? Even if
I were going to add some sort of helpers, I'd likely go with the 1800#
option just to get the larger rear brakes.

Who makes these air bags? I presume you leave them in place but
deflated when you don't need them. Do you have any idea what
installation involves?

Regards,
John