Re: Front Bed Bends?

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Fri Sep 05 1997 - 15:11:01 EDT

Rader wrote:

> Frank Ball wrote:
>
> > read [CR's] comparo test with the Dakota, S-10 and some other trucks.
> > Their description of how the brakes worked on the S-10 was positively
> > scary, and the front of the bed bent when they loaded in a motorcycle.
>
> Hey, glad you reminded me, Frank!
>
> I have bent the front of my Dakota's bed (a full beer keg broke loose
> from it's moorings :( ), but found that it was easy as pie to bend back
> by hand. A little too easy, I fear.
>
> A buddy of mind has a '96, and had some rental equipment bend the
> shit out of his front bed. He drove with the bed smacked against
> the cab for at least 6 months, so nice guy that I am, I bent his
> bed back by hand. Lots of missing paint!
>
> Anyone else noticed this?
>
> Ron
Yep, I had a 15 gallon water jug setting in the back (near the tailgate)
once when I hit my brakes..... you can imagine what happened next. It
wasn't very bad, mine didn't touch the cab but the top part of the bed
was left with a buckle in it. Couple of tougs by hand and it came back
into line. I have noticed the same "bend" on a lot of dakotas.

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto