Re: Front Bed Bends?

From: Marc Robertson (marc@blackberry-ridge.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 1997 - 15:58:44 EDT

Rader wrote:

<snip>

> I have bent the front of my Dakota's bed ... Anyone else noticed this?
>
> Ron

Yes, bags of feed slid forward under heavy breaking. I was quoted $900.
to fix it (cab was also slightly dented), instead pulled it back with a
come-along. A metal worker friend suggested having a shop form a
stainless steel channel that would snap over the lip on the front of the
bed, both reinforcing it and hiding the dents from the bend. So far
I've done nothing -- partly because with a topper on it's virtually
invisible.

But my old Toyota would never have bent that easily (pardon me while I
duck <g>).

Marc Robertson