Re: First HD Use and a ?

From: Jeff Pierce (jpierce@n2.net)
Date: Mon Sep 08 1997 - 18:50:51 EDT

I added the coil over shocks from Napa on my 92 4x2 a couple of years ago and
they are a great solution for an unloaded truck. No real drawbacks to the
everyday driving. I carry about 200# in the back all the time under my
Vista shell and have increased the tires 3 sizes. These help compensate
for the weight and keep the heavier tires on the road.

When weighted I add a 'helper' spring. Takes about 20 min to put the
pair on and off, but it is a cheap part time solution. Picked them up
at Pep Boys (now USA Parts) for around $50 they also had a half length
spring for $25.

This arrangement works good for me, and I often leave the helpers on
between trips. Most of the CA driving is on good roads so its not a big
deal.

Jeff