Re: First HD Use and a ?

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Mon Sep 08 1997 - 18:52:51 EDT

----------
*snip*
>will stiffen an empty truck a lot, but the control when loaded is a real
comfort.
>As for air-shocks, they aren't available for Dak's. I don't know why
unless it's
>the rear ABS that has to do with it. Coil-over load handling spring might
also

        No airshocks because the Dakota shocks mount to a wimpy bracket,
and not the frame rails. The amount of pressure/stress that airshocks put
out would bend the bracket (not good). The airshock alternative is
air-bags,
and they cost about the same as a good set of airshocks. Once I get them
I'll tell everyone how well/not so well they work.

        Sam '95 SLT Dakota
http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/